This past week, I tried to be thinking of something I could do for Valentine Decor that I have not already seen on everyone's blog. I have purposefully steered clear of looking at Valentines decor posts so that I would not be inspired by someonelses project. Now I realize that a few people probably came up with the same original idea as I did, but as far as I know of this one is mine ;0)
1. Get some fabric scraps.
2. Cut a heart out of paper to use as a pattern
3. Cut out your hearts
4. Sew them up by hand or machine. Don't worry about stitching perfect. They should look scrappy. Let the stitches get crooked. Don't forget to leave an opening on the bottom side for stuffing.
5. Stuff them, not too full - they are stuffed hearts not pillows. Let them be kinda flat.
6. Sew up the opening, (again why it is handy not to over stuff them).
7. Stick them around the house. On a skewer in a flower pot or plant. On a dresser. In a bucket or basket. Grab some clothes pins and hang them on twine, string, ribbon or even your Christmas bead garland.
You can even add a ribbon loop to hang them, or make a door hanger attaching two hearts together with ribbon and a loop for the door handle.
And because boys like Valentine's too...Cut some out of boy fabric! (my boys love fireman so we have lots of fireman fabric scraps). I used pinking sheers on the banana fabric.
As I was cutting these out, I told my 6 year old we were going to put them around the house until Valentine's Day and then give them away as the Valentines for his class. He informed me that the boys would rather have candy. Once they were finished both my boys wanted to have them in their room (the 2 year old wanted to cuddle with them... ALL of them). Now the 6 year old keeps telling me who he wants to give each one to. I keep reminding him that they are all going to have candy and I'm keeping the hearts LOL. I have had some company over and the stuffed hearts are getting rave reviews. We'll soon know if they are a hit when we see the 1st Graders reaction to their Valentines.
If you like these.... I LOVE comments and respond to them all! I also ADORE all my followers!