7.29.2010

Folding Screen



I have been looking for a screen to hide the exercise bike in the family room and found this one on Crags List.

I thought it would look good in white and sanded-I mean really, what doesn't. I wanted more than a distressed look, more of that reclaimed vibe.

First, I tried some leftover paint and well.... hey, there are ALOT of spindles here. So then I decided to just use ivory spray paint. After QUITE a few cans I realized this was not the cheapest way to go, but once the sanding step began I was glad I used the spray paint, because it gave a nice chippy paint finish that I was looking for. Toward the end I didn't worry so much about full coverage with the paint (not wanting to purchase another can of paint). Then when the sanding began I just sanded over the spots where the paint went on thin. Those spots ended up being my favorite as they looked very "reclaimed". Total cost for this project including paint was $50.
I have not fully decided on the placement of the screen, and I have a hanging lamp project that I am working on behind it-so please forgive the 70's vibe going on in these pictures.




I am linking up to these sites...
Visit thecsiproject.com

2 comments:

  1. This is such a clever and chic idea!! It's terrific! I'm loving your blog and happy to be your newest follower! I'd love to invite you to my link party/giveaway every Friday at FrouFrouDecor! Hope to see you there!
    ~Terrell @ FFD~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Danielle, they look great!!! I love the distressed parts. You're right, the spindles are a pain. I was too lazy and only did one side. Ssshhh, don't tell anybody. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete