5.28.2009

Memorial Weekend

So this past weekend the guys have been hunting and the gals have all been hanging out.  Every year my husband and his dad, grandpa, uncle and the brother and cousins-in-law go varmint hunting.  Yep, I said varmint, like the old bugs bunny cartoons.  Anyway, the gals don't usually all hang out, but this year we did and it was really fun.  We would meet up for lunch or dinner and all eat and Great Grandma's and visit. 
 I got some good video of everyone singing (my 11 mo. old is also joining in).  It is so precious to me to see this great heritage.  Here is a Ministry Family who has produced Ministry Families, who have also produced Ministry Families and they are all together singing hymns.  It just kind of makes you think, 'man, it is all worth it to see this'.  I'm so grateful that my kids are part of this family heritage.  
And Great Grandma sitting there in the middle just singing away like she is the only one in the room.  After all these years, still loving the Lord.  
After our days at Grandma Dar's my sister-in -law Noelle, has been coming to our house for a few nights to stay with me and my boys.  Usually when she comes to WA to visit she stays with her parents so we don't get to have her here, but this time she got to spend some time here.  What fun it was to have her! Hopefully, my kids didn't scare her away.  She was kind enough to watch them while I did the bulletin for church and they were being a little difficult (Sunday is our toughest day of the week!)  They get loud and mommy gets cranky, it's a real fun time!  Ok Ok, I'm difficult too.  But thanks to Noelle the bulletin was finished and mommy had a minute to get her attitude in check before church ;0)  Which was good, because after church the clan came back to my house for lunch.  We threw together a pasta salad with ingredients on hand and everyone seemed to just love it!  I think most of us had thirds ;0)

Here is the Salad:
16 oz. Fun Shaped Pasta
1 Roma Tomato
1/2 Cucumber (with skin on) 
1 can Garbanzo Beans
1/2 can Black Olives (cut in thirds)
1/3 c. Asparagus (cut thin on the diagonal)
1/2 Red Pepper
1/3 c. Sheep's Feta
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 tsp Lemon Juice
~Drizzle with Olive Oil and Balsamic vinegar to lightly coat add more vinegar to taste.
~Salt and Pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment